Business social networking is not a fad. In fact, social network marketing is one of the most exciting ways for businesses to promote their ideas, products, or services.
Studies reveal that, while people may trust direct advertisements, more than five times as many people would act upon a product recommendation from a friend or acquaintance instead.
This is where social business networking shows its power. It enables word-of-mouth advertising to spread over the internet through networks of people all over the globe. If people like the information that you share or the products that you sell…they will tell their friends. With online social networking, that could reach a large number of people very quickly.
Free social networking services such as Facebook, MySpace, LinkedIn, and Twitter can be amazing marketing tools if you use them effectively to promote your business.
Think of it in terms of old fashioned networking:
It used to be that you could network with business associates and friends. Then you needed to rely on them to spread the word to their friends and associates. This word-of-mouth advertising took a long time and could reach a limited number of people.
Most companies needed to supplement this with a lot of paid advertising just to get the word out.
Online Social Networking Changes Everything
With today’s online social networks, you could post an idea to thousands of friends and followers and they could forward the post to the people who are friends or follow them.
Your idea could reach tens of thousands of people all over the globe within a very short period of time…without spending a dime.
Reason enough to get started?
Ready to be social?
- What Social Networking Is…And Why Your Business Should Care
- Why Free Social Networking Sites Work Better than Paid Advertising
- Business Networking Tips for Getting Started
- Best Social Networking Sites to Get Started in Social Media
- Social Networking Trends
- How to Increase Website Traffic through Social Networking
- Dangers of Social Networking
- Business Online Reputation Management
- Online Business Reputation: Are Employees Damaging Yours?
- Mobile Social Networking
- Social Networking Statistics
- Alphabetical List of Social Networking Sites and Bookmark Services
- Determining YOUR Social Media Strategy
- How to Improve Your Social Networking Skills
- Marketing a Business: Implications of Social Media
- Top 10 Social Networking Sites
- Comparing Social Media Services