If your business wants to interact with your customers, you will want to learn how to start a blog. A blog can let your customers get to know you better, make comments, and feel more connected to your brand, your products, and/or your services.
It also allows visitors to subscribe to an RSS feed of your blog posts so they keep even further connected to you.
It also gives you great information to post on social networks like Twitter and Facebook to start even more interaction and visitors to your website.
Ways to Start Your Blog
There are three most popular ways to start a business blog:
- Develop your own customized blog that is hosted by a provider such as BlueHost or GoDaddy using WordPress Software.
- Join an existing social networking community like Ning to begin blogging immediately. This is the least effective business platform but adequate for beginners and the easiest for you to implement.
- Add a blog to your existing business website. This gives you the best of both worlds: a static business website for business information, products, and services, as well as a blogging platform to interact and update your customers with a blog. This is the most effective way to blog, but maybe trickiest to implement.
No matter which way you try blogging, it is a great way to let your customers get to know your business better.
- WordPress vs Blogger vs Other Blogging Platforms
- Ways to Increase Blog Traffic
- Business Social Networking Basics
- Marketing an Online Business
- Top WordPress Plugins for Social Networking
- How to Add a Facebook Comments Plugin to Any Page
- Limitations of Free Business Websites
- Reasons to Start a Business Website Before Using Social Media